Dear Friends, As Salaam Alaikum (Peace be unto you)
I was reading an article by Jim Lobe of the Inter Press Service regarding the Islamophobic bent of book titles that have commanded the reading attention of President Bush.
Published on Friday, March 16, 2007 by the Inter Press Service
Bush's Book List Gets More Islamophobic
by Jim Lobe
It got me thinking about which book titles I would recommend as reading material for President Bush if he were taking a sabbatical on an isolated island for the next 2 years.
Here is the list of titles for our Commander in Chief:
1. Good Muslim Bad Muslim: America, The Cold War and the Roots of Terror: By Mahmoud Mamdani
2. Dying to Win: The Strategic Logic of Suicide Terrorism: By Robert Pape
3. Tinderbox: By Stephen Zunes
4. Blood and Oil: The dangers and consequences of America's growing dependence on imported petroleum: By Michael T. Klare
5. American Theocracy: The Peril and Politics of Radical Religion, Oil, and Borrowed Money in the 21st Century: By Kevin Phillips
6. Resurrecting Empire: Western Footprints and America's Perilous Path in the Middle East by Rashid Khalidi
7. The Great War for Civilisation: The Conquest of the Middle East: By Robert Fisk
8. Poverty From the Wealth of Nations: Integration and Polarization in the Global Economy since 1760: By M. Shahid Alam
9. American Fascists: The Christian Right and the War On America: By Chris Hedges
10. Devil's Game: How the United States Helped Unleash Fundamentalist Islam: By Robert Dreyfuss
President Bush, I hope you get the time to read these titles very soon !